WRESTLING HERITAGE

British wrestling history 

has a name

Heritage

Forums

Forum Home > Talk Wrestling > Blackpool Re-union

paul kaye

Just a few words to say thank you to everyone connected with the Blackpool re-union. What a wonderful day.Sincere thanks to all the wrestlers who very kindly gave me their valuable time and very pleasant company. Special mention to Johnny Kincaid, Les Prest, Dickie Swales, Dwight (Sam) J Ingleburgh and many others.To Hack and all the organisers a great job done, I hope to go next year. till then may I wish you all good health  and happiness.

Yours in sport

Paul Kaye 

May 14, 2018 at 5:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hack
It was good to see you and I'm pleased you had such a great time. I knew you would because Jackie McCann has done a great job at creating a reunion with a unique character all of its own. Jackie keeps telling us she does nothing but she's certainly done something. We all enjoyed meeting up with you on the Saturday night for a few drinks (shame about the entertainment). On the Sunday evening after you left we recorded an interview with Sam Betts. As you will imagine it was quite incredible. When we get them back from the producer I'll make sure you get a copy. I'll add my thanks yours in thanking everyone for a great weekend. A date for your diary. Sunday 12th May 2019 for the next Blackpool Reunion.
--

British wrestling - great characters but the plot was always a bit of a mystery.

May 14, 2018 at 9:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

The Riot Squad
Site Owner

Jackie McCann:

I want to thank all of the people who were involved in putting together the reunion & everyone that took the time to attend, I know what a huge effort it took to make this third reunion so great. We had so much fun from the beginning till the end. It was like being with old friends, even though many of us had all just met. I can't say enough about the location, the atmosphere and of course the main event!

What a wonderful experience!

What a pleasure to be in the company of such beautiful people both inside and out!! It was a pleasure meeting you all!

Personally my experience of the reunion was an incredible time and inspiring experience. I look forward to the next one may 12th 2019 “ it was fun meeting you all too! I can't wait to watch us grow!! What a group! ❤️

Xx

--

British wrestling history has a name - HERITAGE

May 14, 2018 at 5:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hack

There's a report of the Reunion in the Blackpool Gazette

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/ex-grappler-crew-still-fighting-fit-1-9164789

(Dicky Swales will soon be 89, not 87 as reported).

--

British wrestling - great characters but the plot was always a bit of a mystery.

May 15, 2018 at 4:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Philip Kenyon

Great show Jackie!

Thanks also to everybody in organising it.

I will shortly be loading some photos in the gallery.

Thanks again and

Cheers

Phil

--

Mike Agusta (Phil Kenyon)

Wrestling Heritage D'Orazio Award Holder

Wrestling Heritage Vic Award Holder

Wrestling Heritage Pallo Snr. Award Holder

Heavy Middleweight belt Holder

Heritage Starr Award Holder
May 16, 2018 at 3:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hack

Philip has started an album in the Gallery. It now contains over 50 photos from the Reunion.

http://www.wrestlingheritage.co.uk/apps/photos/photo?photoid=205072146

There will be a report from the Reunion in this weekend's newsletter.

--

May 16, 2018 at 1:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Les Prest
I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone involved in organising such a great event, Jackie and Val for organising the accommodation, venue, buffet and raffle, Alan Bamber and Steve Mitchell for doing the honours with the awrds. Thank you all for a great weekend, from the North East Lads. By the way who was the Borstal Boys??? 😈😈 !!! regards Les.
--
May 17, 2018 at 5:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.