WRESTLING HERITAGE

British wrestling history 

has a name

Heritage

Forums

Forum Home > Talk Wrestling > Was this an early Christmas present?

Bernard Hughes

On 6th December 1958 at St. James Hall , Newcastle.

Dennis Mitchell 2-0 over Albert Wall.

--

March 12, 2018 at 10:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bernard Hughes

I saw Dennis Mitchell quite a few times , early in his career.

He was a very good technician and strong with it. Not a pushover for anyone.

I have never seen Albert Wall in the flesh or on youtube(I may have to look), but the way that people have raved about him on this site, I just wonder.........

--

March 12, 2018 at 6:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

frank thomas

Bernard Hughes at March 12, 2018 at 6:19 PM

I saw Dennis Mitchell quite a few times , early in his career.

He was a very good technician and strong with it. Not a pushover for anyone.

I have never seen Albert Wall in the flesh or on youtube(I may have to look), but the way that people have raved about him on this site, I just wonder.........

Think Albert had been a professional for only a little over a year in 1958 Bernard. I didn't see him in the flash until 1972, he was well established by then, British Champion, and never saw him in a dull contest. I only saw Dennis towards the end of his, strangely both disqualification wins over Gwyn Davies & Ray Glendenning, but people I have spoken to and respect give him a good name. Alas, no YouTube coverage of Albert seems to exist.
March 12, 2018 at 6:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bernard Hughes

Thanks Frank, that could be the answer, or Norman Morrell saw that Dennis was on his way up and pushed him a little.

--

March 13, 2018 at 7:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

paul mitchell
Bernard you're so right about Dennis a fine athlete greatly respected in Germany lovely guy with lovely family,on his return in early seventies was wearing what he called his thermos under the guise of Das Kilmeister he lost none of his skills,his bouts again Gwynn Davies were classics.He of course promoted later with Johnny Allen.
March 13, 2018 at 8:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.