WRESTLING HERITAGE

British wrestling history 

has a name

Heritage

Forums

Forum Home > Talk Wrestling > Wrestlers on TV. Again.

Ray Hulm

We have probably done this subject to death but did anyone else notice Grado in the BBC 2 sitcom, Two Doors Down?

--

March 7, 2018 at 4:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

powerlock
Don't watch it Ray prefer Still Game, he has done a few TV appearances on TV including a Scottish soap. He must have a good agent
March 7, 2018 at 11:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SaxonWolf

I wouldnt know Grado if he walked past me in the street, sorry.

March 7, 2018 at 7:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ray Hulm

SaxonWolf at March 7, 2018 at 7:47 PM

I wouldnt know Grado if he walked past me in the street, sorry.

I only reason I have heard of him was that a year or so back there was a TV documentary about a small time Scotish promotion that Grado was a part of. What actualy happened in the ring was not what you and I would probably call wrestling but interesting film for all that. I'm ashamed to say I could probably name more 19th century wrestlers than 21st !

--

March 8, 2018 at 3:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

powerlock
Grado has done quite well. Working in the states for TNA, regular dates around the UK for umpteen promotions, TV appearances, panto etc. Ray that small time promotion is currently probably the best drawing promotion in the UK consistently drawing four figure crowds including a show in Glasgow that was attended by around 7000 fans. The shows roster are almost exclusively British. And although they may not be our cup of tea they have found a formula that works and to be honest some of the stuff they do is clever, innovative and attracts casual fans to their shows
March 8, 2018 at 12:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.