WRESTLING HERITAGE

British wrestling history 

has a name

Heritage

Forums

Forum Home > Talk Wrestling > Foreign Objects

David Mantell

Usually on whichever member of the opposing team had dared score a consolation pinfall on Daddy's partner.

March 4, 2018 at 7:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

frank

Seen Kendo strike Rocco over the head with the timekeepers bell.

Seen Rocco strike others with his belt many times ... not to mention the seconds bucket ... and his water bottle ... the padding from the corner post ... chairs from ringside ...oh and one time even a set of knuckledusters!

Such a quite unassuming chap ...

March 11, 2018 at 10:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hack

Jack and Dominic Pye sticking the bucket over the heads of their opponents, or was it the other way round?

--

British wrestling - great characters but the plot was always a bit of a mystery.

March 11, 2018 at 10:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

frank thomas
Danny Lynch & Crusher Mason, using their studded belts..
March 11, 2018 at 12:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

djmask

I seem to remember Mark Rocco often pulling the corner post cover down and then his opponent double bluffing him and posting him forward facing into the corner.

--

Wrestling Heritage MiddleWeight Belt Holder 2018

March 11, 2018 at 12:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

frank

He did indeed. He also recieved a serious injury by doing that, he was posted as you say forward facing he did the usual miss with his leg to get the effect of a whack in his manhood but this time his inner thigh caught a loose nut and bolt which tore his leg open and left him hanging by the tendons in his leg ...ugh!

Knowing Mark he probably tried to finish the bout!

March 13, 2018 at 8:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave Sutherland

I once saw Hans Streiger use a piece of pumice stone to rub across the forehead of Francis Sullivan while he held him in a headlock. While the crowd went mad a Sullivan complained Streiger threw the stone up into the balcony (some distance and some aim) which landed just in front of us. The lady sitting behind us quite incensed took it downstairs to show the referee but she was intercepted by Jimmy the head steward (a right officious little bleeder) who took the stone from her assuring her that he would pass it on. All to no avail and the bout ended in a double K.O.

--

Wrestling Heritage Walton Award

Wrestling Heritage Starr Award

March 13, 2018 at 8:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SaxonWolf

djmask at March 11, 2018 at 12:49 PM

I seem to remember Mark Rocco often pulling the corner post cover down and then his opponent double bluffing him and posting him forward facing into the corner.

Can't remember who I saw pull off the corner post cover first, but yes, Rocco did this a lot and the volume of screams from the crowd, to try and tell the ref what was going on behind his back, was incredible. 

March 13, 2018 at 1:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Anglo Italian

Another interesting chat but I suspect not what was really intended by foreign objects.  We have listed every single object imaginable!  Which has been fun.

But there's something more exciting about a "foreign object", the sheer language of it is up there with "suspended purses" and "he wouldn't talk to me in the dressing room."

By definition, we didn't know what the foreign object was (hence rather hard to list 'em ☺;)

I suspect sometimes there was no foreign object, as the villain pretended to remove something from his armpad, perpetrate an evil deed, and then conceal it again.  As soon as the foreign object was found it was no longer foreign and became a pencil or a file or whatever.

--

Still trying to work out what was going on!

March 14, 2018 at 2:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hack

Masked Rasputin with his gloved hand. The power in that hand!!!!!!!!  A foreign object?

--

British wrestling - great characters but the plot was always a bit of a mystery.

March 14, 2018 at 6:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.