WRESTLING HERITAGE

British wrestling history 

has a name

Heritage

Forums

Forum Home > Talk Wrestling > wrestlers and pets

lofty waterman

Hi how many wrestlers have had pets and maybe still have and what where they does any one know

all the best

keep up the good work

regards

Lofty Waterman

February 27, 2018 at 2:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

David Mantell

Andy Robin had Hercules the bear.

Kendo had a horse - I recall seeing footage of him with his mask on, riding through a forest at top speed.

February 27, 2018 at 6:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

matey dave

David Mantell at February 27, 2018 at 6:12 PM

Andy Robin had Hercules the bear.

Kendo had a horse - I recall seeing footage of him with his mask on, riding through a forest at top speed.

that was either dick turpin or the lone ranger. trust me i am a pope and nothing fools me

--

blessed are the pacemakers

really do need my medication

more tea vicar and another jammy dodger

nurse, i need changing and my complan has gone cold

close friend of gladys the impaler

February 27, 2018 at 7:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

paul mitchell
Pallo and his budgies and Ginsbergs usual comment ,iv tried to keep scandanavian birds.
February 28, 2018 at 2:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Les Prest
Lofty: Am I right in saying that Big Bruno Ellrington bred poodles and had a poodle grooming parlour! also Jim Stockdale, wrestler, promoter and the Apollo gym owner had racing pigeons, as did Dick Lanagan had show pigeons in which he was very successful around the north east winning many trophies and rosettes. Toma Hanson often use to take his alsation dog with him to wrestling venues. regards Les ☺
--
February 28, 2018 at 6:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

lofty waterman

Les Prest at February 28, 2018 at 6:42 PM

Lofty: Am I right in saying that Big Bruno Ellrington bred poodles and had a poodle grooming parlour! also Jim Stockdale, wrestler, promoter and the Apollo gym owner had racing pigeons, as did Dick Lanagan had show pigeons in which he was very successful around the north east winning many trophies and rosettes. Toma Hanson often use to take his alsation dog with him to wrestling venues. regards Les ☺

Hi Mr Prest correct about Big Bruno Ellrington also his wife (GWEN) had a hair salon and was also a as far as i am aware a promotor as well in Kinston Cresent in Portsmouth. Bruno (FRANK) would be at times  be seen riding his moulton bike he Bruno was also a land lord of property not in Portsmouth, he is buried in a cemertry in Portsmouth.

Bruno had a wrestling gym in Portsmouth? Southsea and  some of the Great Portsmouth Wrestlers went there and i suspect where trainned by him.Ex Royal marine.How many other wrestlers are or have been land lords wayne bridges  pub land lord with his wife

all the best

Keep up the good work

Regards

Lofty Waterman

March 1, 2018 at 8:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Les Prest
Hi Lofty: Bill Coverdale(The Ghoul) had the Bridge inn at Bury, Norman Walsh had The Dog and Gun at Knayton, Jim Hussey, Colin Joynson and Steve Haggety were all pub landlords. And in the Tees-Side area thereis several less known wrestlers such as Big Bill Stones, Glenn Fraser and Bob and Alec McDonald all pub landlords. 😇 regards Les.
--
March 1, 2018 at 9:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Les Prest
Is'nt it funny how a topic about pets gets twisted around to pubs!!!
--
March 1, 2018 at 9:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SaxonWolf

Les Prest at March 1, 2018 at 9:47 AM

Nowt wrong with pubs pal!  :)

Jim Breaks had a pub or two, from memory, so did Danny Lynch and Johnny Kincaid (after their wrestling careers had finished I think) 

March 2, 2018 at 1:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

David Mantell

IIRC Big Daddy said in his 1983 annual he had a bulldog called Buster.  Various other sheepdogs etc pop up in "at home" pics of Shirley & family.

He also had a canary.  One time Eunice had been drunkenly misbehaving, Jayne suggested to her beloved stepdad that he should really go and have an affair and find some happiness, rather than be loyal to her soak of a mother.  Shirley thought about it, whispered confidentially "Well, to tell you the truth, I do have this nice little bird ..."  paused for dramatic emphasis - and then pointed to the canary!

March 2, 2018 at 7:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mad Mac

SaxonWolf at March 2, 2018 at 1:40 PM

Les Prest at March 1, 2018 at 9:47 AM

Nowt wrong with pubs pal!  :)

Jim Breaks had a pub or two, from memory, so did Danny Lynch and Johnny Kincaid (after their wrestling careers had finished I think) 

I think we've talked about various publicans before, but there was also Marty Jones (I think his was a rather rough shop before he took over!), Pat Patton, Terry Rudge, Vic Stewart, Andy Robin (tenuously staying on topic) and George Kidd. Rex Strong had a hotel, and I believe Steve Logan had  a boarding house.

March 3, 2018 at 2:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bernard Hughes

Ron Jackson ran the Railway Arms in Thorne near Doncaster.

--

March 3, 2018 at 3:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bernard Hughes

Sorry, maybe the Railway Hotel in Thorne.

--

March 3, 2018 at 3:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

The Ost

Sean Regan had a pet dog and once brought it to ringside and then asked a fan if they'd mind watching it while he wrestled.

--

March 4, 2018 at 4:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.