WRESTLING HERITAGE

British wrestling history 

has a name

Heritage

Forums

Forum Home > Talk Wrestling > Pat Roach -Broken Leg

PETER

One of the excellent potsers from 5 September 1965 at the Aston Hippodrome refers to Lord Bertie Topham breaking the leg of Pat Roach the year before.

Was this legit or good advertising to get fans to the rematch? 

January 10, 2018 at 7:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ron Historyo

Knowing Bertie Topham I bet it was Kayfabe.

--

HISTORYO

Time Detective and Multi Heritage Award Winner

January 10, 2018 at 11:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

frank thomas
Remember reading that pat had been "stabbed in the abdomen" by an irate fan whilst on tour in the far east. . Possibly kayfabe too, but more believable than suffering a broken leg at the hands of Lord Bertie!
January 10, 2018 at 1:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Graham Bawden
I remember reading in Pat Roach's book 'If, that indeed he was stabbed while wrestling on an overseas tour.
--

Graham Bawden. Wrestling Heritage Heavy - Middleweight Championship Belt Holder,  Wrestling Heritage Pallo Junior Award Holder, Wrestling Heritage D ` Orazio Award Holder.  Wrestling Heritage Starr Award Holder.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

January 11, 2018 at 12:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

paul mitchell

Graham Bawden at January 11, 2018 at 12:23 PM

I remember reading in Pat Roach's book 'If, that indeed he was stabbed while wrestling on an overseas tour.

Pat had a nasty scar on his arm,remembering saying it was done at open air stadium Kuwait if I remember correctly.
January 11, 2018 at 12:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Graham Bawden
Yes, Pat beat the local wrestling hero in a bout and the crowd kicked off.
--

Graham Bawden. Wrestling Heritage Heavy - Middleweight Championship Belt Holder,  Wrestling Heritage Pallo Junior Award Holder, Wrestling Heritage D ` Orazio Award Holder.  Wrestling Heritage Starr Award Holder.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

January 12, 2018 at 2:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.