WRESTLING HERITAGE

British wrestling history 

has a name

Heritage

Forums

Forum Home > Talk Wrestling > Rocky Wall, R.I.P.

Gary Wall

It is with deep regret that we Gary, David and Russell announce the death of our beloved father Albert.

Funeral arrangements have been made for Rosehill crematorium, Ascot av, cantley , Doncaster .DN4 6HE

22/1/18 at 11.40.

Then after at Wheatley golf club, Armthorpe road, Doncaster. DN2 5QB

January 1, 2018 at 12:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hack

Gary, thanks for informing us of this very sad news. Condolences to all the family. Again we have lost one of the very best.

Rocky

--

British wrestling - great characters but the plot was always a bit of a mystery.

January 1, 2018 at 12:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

frank thomas
Oh no! Two of my heroes gwyn Davies & now the great rocky wall! Fond memories of rocky in live action at Liverpool stadium.. A wrestler and gentleman in the best tradition.. My hero! Deepest sympathy to the family, RIP champ..
January 1, 2018 at 1:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ron Historyo

This is a tough one to swallow. I loved watching Albert so much.

A real man's man....RIP

--

HISTORYO

Time Detective and Multi Heritage Award Winner

January 1, 2018 at 1:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tom H

Very sad news. R.I.P  Rocky

--

Lightweight belt holder

Welterweight belt holder.

January 1, 2018 at 2:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

powerlock
A great wrestler and a great heavyweight when the weight was very competitive. He was a class above. R. I. P. Albert
January 1, 2018 at 2:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Anglo Italian

A class apart.  What a great shame.

The same Gary brought us so much fun about 12 years ago on the forum telling us about his dad, still golfing then.  From that basis, Rocky was one of the six original Shining Stars on Wrestling Heritage.

In 1972 he actually wrestled on tv more than McManus, probably the only time anyone deposed Mick from that spot during his peak 15 years.  This was a sign of the quality of Albert Wall.  At last we had a British Heavyweight Champion who would wrestle everywhere and regularly and he did a great job.

But things changed quickly over the following two years,

RIP.

--

Still trying to work out what was going on!

January 1, 2018 at 2:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tom

powerlock at January 1, 2018 at 2:35 PM

A great wrestler and a great heavyweight when the weight was very competitive. He was a class above. R. I. P. Albert

Albert Wall was the best heavyweight wrestler I ever saw along with Billy Robinson.  No messing with him!   He was real wrestler and as tough as they come.  He was not called Rocky for nothing!  God bless the fabuous Rocky Wall. 

January 1, 2018 at 3:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Graham Bawden
A sad loss to the wrestling world. RIP Albert Rocky Wall.
--

Graham Bawden. Wrestling Heritage Heavy - Middleweight Championship Belt Holder,  Wrestling Heritage Pallo Junior Award Holder, Wrestling Heritage D ` Orazio Award Holder.  Wrestling Heritage Starr Award Holder.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

January 1, 2018 at 4:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bill Smith

RIP Albert.He was one of the best.

January 1, 2018 at 4:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Peter Kinch / Little Toby
My thoughts are with all the family. R.I.P. Rocky Little Toby.
January 1, 2018 at 4:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

frank thomas
Sad start to 2018 but whenever or wherever wrestling is discussed, Albert will be remembered saw him in some great all action matches, no gimmickry just a solid wrestler who if push came to shove you know would be more than capable of handling himself. Just a plain robe with Albert Wall Doncaster on the back, if matches are made in heaven, could we have "rocky" V bert assiratti?.it would be a sell out..
January 1, 2018 at 5:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

peterbgoode

One of the best. RIP Rocky

January 1, 2018 at 5:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

beancounter

Albert was a magnificent athlete and I saw him on a number of occasions at Preston and Morecambe. Opponents on these occasions included Kendo Nagasaki and Billy Two Rivers.

May he Rest in Peace.

January 1, 2018 at 6:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

frank thomas
Still really saddened over this, the best contests I saw Albert in were with gwyn davies, along with kendo nagasaki.
January 1, 2018 at 7:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Meru Ullah

Bert Asseratti, Billy Robinson now Rocky Wall 3 greats now gone. Proud to of known them as i was starting out in the late '60's on my wrestling career. Meru Ullah 'Royal Bengal Tiger'

--
January 2, 2018 at 12:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave Sutherland

A favourite of mine if ever there was one and a man that personified everything great about the Golden Age of Wrestling. His bouts against Billy Joyce at Newcastle were legendary and on one occasion the top of the bill was altered to accommodate a return match the following Saturday! Any match that bore his name was a guarantee of quality wrestling be it against an equally skillfull opponent or some rule bending villain who needed putting in his place; Albert was the man for each occasion. Later when I moved to Nottingham and occasionally travelled by bus from the North East I used to look out for his transport cafe on the outskirts of Doncaster which bore his name. PIP Albert.

--

Wrestling Heritage Walton Award

Wrestling Heritage Starr Award

January 2, 2018 at 2:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sapper James

Sorry for your loss, lads.

January 2, 2018 at 2:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Philip Kenyon

Another great has left the ring for good. What a sad 2017 this has been.

My condolences to the family.

R.I.P. Albert Rocky Wall.

--

Mike Agusta (Phil Kenyon)

Wrestling Heritage D'Orazio Award Holder

Wrestling Heritage Vic Award Holder

Wrestling Heritage Pallo Snr. Award Holder

Heavy Middleweight belt Holder

Heritage Starr Award Holder
January 2, 2018 at 3:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

paul kaye

RIP Albert Another Wrestling legend gone to the great ring in the sky