British wrestling history  has a name         
Heritage
Happy Christmas and 
New Year from Heritage.

Forums

Forum Home > Talk Wrestling > Have A Good Week .... Till Next Week

The Riot Squad
Site Owner

There's a treat in store for fans of the Heritage Years this week with the publication of "Have A Good Week... Till Next Week," a collection of biographies of more than fifty stars of British tv wrestling. Street, Pallo, McManus, Saint, Kellett; just about every name you would expect can be found within the paperback and Kindle versions. This book is no lightweight, it's more than 400 pages.

The author is no lightweight either. "Have A Good Week... Till Next Week," has been written by respected journalist and wrestling historian John Lister, who has compiled six years of in-depth biographies from his Fighting Spirit Magazine series into one volume.

Heritage readers will be well aware (through our Bookshelf section) of John's previous work as author of Slamthology, Turning The Tables: The Story Of Extreme Championship Wrestling, Purodyssey: A Tokyo Wrestling Diary and Greetings Grapple Fans. He is now a regular contributor to Fighting Spirit Magazine. John has also written articles for The Guardian, The Sun Online, and Manchester Evening News.

"Have A Good Week Till Next Week" is available now from Amazon

£12.99 in paperback

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Have-Good-Week-Till-Next/dp/1983116246/ref=sr_1_1_twi_pap_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1529435930&sr=8-1&keywords=%22have+a+good+week+till+next+week%22

and £4.99 for the Kindle version.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Have-Good-Week-Till-Next-ebook/dp/B07DSCLGTZ/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

--

British wrestling history has a name - HERITAGE

June 19, 2018 at 3:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

powerlock
I saw this the other day on amazon. I think its one I will be ordering at the weekend
June 19, 2018 at 4:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SaxonWolf

The Riot Squad at June 19, 2018 at 3:44 PM

There's a treat in store for fans of the Heritage Years this week with the publication of "Have A Good Week... Till Next Week," a collection of biographies of more than fifty stars of British tv wrestling. Street, Pallo, McManus, Saint, Kellett; just about every name you would expect can be found within the paperback and Kindle versions. This book is no lightweight, it's more than 400 pages.

The author is no lightweight either. "Have A Good Week... Till Next Week," has been written by respected journalist and wrestling historian John Lister, who has compiled six years of in-depth biographies from his Fighting Spirit Magazine series into one volume.

Heritage readers will be well aware (through our Bookshelf section) of John's previous work as author of Slamthology, Turning The Tables: The Story Of Extreme Championship Wrestling, Purodyssey: A Tokyo Wrestling Diary and Greetings Grapple Fans. He is now a regular contributor to Fighting Spirit Magazine. John has also written articles for The Guardian, The Sun Online, and Manchester Evening News.

£12.99 in paperback

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Have-Good-Week-Till-Next/dp/1983116246/ref=sr_1_1_twi_pap_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1529435930&sr=8-1&keywords=%22have+a+good+week+till+next+week%22

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Have-Good-Week-Till-Next-ebook/dp/B07DSCLGTZ/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

I could have done with that on a recent flight to California!

I will order the Kindle version right now!

June 19, 2018 at 4:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JNLister

Thanks for the kind mention.

The image has gone a bit fuzzy somewhere on it's trip through the information super highway to this post, but I hope those of you who were still watching ITV in the final years will enjoy the homage in the lettering and colors.

I should also note a lovely coincidence in that the picture is of course of the publicity for the final British promotion show at the Royal Albert Hall in 1987, and the book was released yesterday on the very day that WWE's "UK division" ran a show there with 17 of the 20 wrestlers on the show being British. 

June 19, 2018 at 4:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hack

SaxonWolf at June 19, 2018 at 4:52 PM

£12.99 in paperback

Yes Saxo. I will read mine on the bus to Dudley.
--

British wrestling - great characters but the plot was always a bit of a mystery.

June 19, 2018 at 6:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SaxonWolf

Hack at June 19, 2018 at 6:25 PM

SaxonWolf at June 19, 2018 at 4:52 PM

£12.99 in paperback

Yes Saxo. I will read mine on the bus to Dudley.

Dudley, Hollywood, it's all the same really

June 20, 2018 at 8:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

David Mantell

Hollywood is in Worcestershire near to Bromsgrove.  Two of Duran Duran were kids there.

June 20, 2018 at 12:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SaxonWolf

David Mantell at June 20, 2018 at 12:28 PM

Hollywood is in Worcestershire near to Bromsgrove.  Two of Duran Duran were kids there.

Like I said it's all the same, West Midlands type area

June 20, 2018 at 3:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Melvin M Melvin

Like the title. When I drafted my screenplay for the Orange Prize in the 1990s, I called it 'Happy Thursday, Friday - See You Saturday' - I don't think they got it :D 

June 22, 2018 at 2:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

David Mantell

Really good resource book.  Just needs a few things ironing out (either put the original publication dates in or else deal with all the references to "this month" etc that have filtered through from the originals) and maybe some photos too and hopefully it can be flogged to a decent publisher and put on sale in Waterstones/Dillons/WHSmith etc.

June 22, 2018 at 7:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hack

I'm looking forward to receiving my copy. In my view the best bits of FSM without having to read the rest.

--

British wrestling - great characters but the plot was always a bit of a mystery.

June 24, 2018 at 4:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

David Mantell

Yes. if they also threw in the non-Greetings pieces they did on Dean Allmark and James Mason that would be perfect.

(Mind you, I'd also happily buy a compilation of Jim Cornette's colums - Really clever funny guy; I love listening to his podcasts on Youtube.)

June 25, 2018 at 1:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave Sutherland

Got my copy yesterday.

--

Wrestling Heritage Walton Award

Wrestling Heritage Starr Award

July 4, 2018 at 4:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hack
Mine has just arrived it's a mighty volume. 400 pages. And a nice mention for Heritage forum members.
--

July 4, 2018 at 9:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bernard Hughes

Had mine a week but haven't felt like opening it yet.

All in good time.

--

July 4, 2018 at 10:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SaxonWolf

Got mine in Kindle format, just awaiting my next overseas trip to read it!

July 4, 2018 at 7:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

John
I bought my copy of this book last week and am really enjoying reading it. It is full of stories and facts, many of which I had not heard before, about the different wrestlers. I highly recommend it.
--

Heavy-Middleweight Championship Belt Holder

July 9, 2018 at 4:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

This topic is closed, no additional posts are allowed.