WRESTLING HERITAGE

British wrestling history 

has a name

Heritage

Forums

Forum Home > Talk Wrestling > Talk Wrestling ... What Next?

The Riot Squad
Site Owner

Anyone using this forum has experienced frustration for over a month with erratic error messages preventing responses and creation of new topics. The website has also been rejecting all applications for membership during this same period.

Our .co.uk web hosts say a solution is being sought, but have given no idea of a time scale. It's very frustrating for all of us.

So what should we do? We'd like your thoughts.

1. Stick with this forum

For: It's what we all know and it does contain lots of topics.

Against: Old and clunky, currently resisting new messages and topics unless your luck is in.

2. Start a new forum on a third party website embedded into Heritage.

We would use Nabble, which you may remember was our original forum up to about seven or eight years ago.

Advantages: Nabble was reliable when we last used it, there are member post counts for Awards.

Disadvantages: Everyone would need to join Nabble, another password to remember.

Whatever we decide we will keep the old forum as an archive for the forseeable future, but will gradually close down or remove topics.

To help you decide we have created a Nabble accessible without a password for now, so feel free to have a go and add topics.

Try the new forum

--

British wrestling history has a name - HERITAGE

June 11, 2018 at 3:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

David Mantell

I vote Stick with the old forum.

Create a pinned thread for new thread ideas to which people can post potential starter threads and then the Riot Squad can create new threads for each one (they obviously have an alternative method for getting stuff posted up.)

Comments are easy to sort out if any of you have probs- just click back on the browser and try a second time, it works for me.

June 11, 2018 at 6:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

powerlock

David Mantell at June 11, 2018 at 6:56 PM

Create a pinned thread for new thread ideas to which people can post potential starter threads and then the Riot Squad can create new threads for each one (they obviously have an alternative method for getting stuff posted up.)

Comments are easy to sort out if any of you have probs- just click back on the browser and try a second time, it works for me.

I like the idea but it is going to make extra work for the gentlemen. It could work and if necessary could one or two longtime members step up to administer the board and set up the topics if needed. If it could continue for say 3 months in the format suggested and the review it, it would give the board hosts time to sort out the problems
June 11, 2018 at 7:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ron Historyo

Will Nabble take an image

--

HISTORYO

Time Detective and Multi Heritage Award Winner

June 12, 2018 at 4:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

The Riot Squad
Site Owner

No we don't have any alternative way of posting David. It's a lottery for us as it is for anyone.

--

June 12, 2018 at 12:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

The Riot Squad
Site Owner

Ron Historyo at June 12, 2018 at 4:37 AM

Yes it does, with some limitations

Give it a try

Try the new forum

--

June 12, 2018 at 12:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ron Historyo

The Riot Squad at June 12, 2018 at 12:33 PM

Ron Historyo at June 12, 2018 at 4:37 AM

Yes it does, with some limitations

Give it a try

Try the new forum

Nabble will let you dabble.

However to get an image on I had to register with them , ......easy enough.

From then on it would take a web image  or a C Drive image.

But I think the WIX Forum would be better than bolting yet another system onto WEBS

--

HISTORYO

June 12, 2018 at 2:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ron Historyo

The Riot Squad at June 12, 2018 at 12:31 PM

No we don't have any alternative way of posting David. It's a lottery for us as it is for anyone.

From my attempts , I would say it is not a lottery. I think you are creating topics because you have an administrator profile.

--

HISTORYO

June 12, 2018 at 2:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hack

Ron Historyo at June 12, 2018 at 2:45 PM

From my attempts , I would say it is not a lottery. I think you are creating topics because you have an administrator profile.

It's possible Ron.  As we've said many times we are never sure how others see the site. All I can say is that neither Hack nor the Riot Squad can create or add to posts every time.  I went two or three days without being able to post, but have at other time posted without problem.

--

British wrestling - great characters but the plot was always a bit of a mystery.

June 12, 2018 at 4:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

powerlock

Hack at June 12, 2018 at 4:32 PM

Ron Historyo at June 12, 2018 at 2:45 PM

It's possible Ron.  As we've said many times we are never sure how others see the site. All I can say is that neither Hack nor the Riot Squad can create or add to posts every time.  I went two or three days without being able to post, but have at other time posted without problem.

Can the background colour be changed, I am seeing it in blue and contrast with the text is terrible
June 12, 2018 at 5:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hack

Colours can be changed. Have a look and see if it's any better.

Ron has asked us to have a look at the forum on the Wix site again, which we will do.

--

British wrestling - great characters but the plot was always a bit of a mystery.

June 12, 2018 at 5:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

powerlock
Have a look at tapastalk I know a couple of sites that use it
June 12, 2018 at 6:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

matey dave

--

blessed are the pacemakers

really do need my medication

more tea vicar and another jammy dodger

nurse, i need changing and my complan has gone cold

close friend of gladys the impaler

June 12, 2018 at 8:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

matey dave

just an idea

lighten the blue background

get rid of bright red

couple of pictures in top corner

a mug of masala tea

a guiness holland steak pie

--

blessed are the pacemakers

really do need my medication

more tea vicar and another jammy dodger

nurse, i need changing and my complan has gone cold

close friend of gladys the impaler

June 12, 2018 at 8:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Philip Kenyon

Hi Hack,

Just tried the new forum by writing best wishes to Sean.

I must admit the layout of this forum is better than the new one, why:

You see a lot of the forum topics all on one page, therefore making it easy to access any topic on the one page.

If possible stick with this forum, but give the people doing the reCAPTCHA a deadline to get it fixed, if this is not possible, or can't be done, then the new forum is ok to me. I suppose one can get used to it.

Cheers

--

Mike Agusta (Phil Kenyon)

Wrestling Heritage D'Orazio Award Holder

Wrestling Heritage Vic Award Holder

Wrestling Heritage Pallo Snr. Award Holder

Heavy Middleweight belt Holder

Heritage Starr Award Holder
June 13, 2018 at 4:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

The Riot Squad
Site Owner

powerlock at June 12, 2018 at 6:57 PM

Thanks Powerlock. We'll have a look.
--

June 13, 2018 at 6:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hack

Philip Kenyon at June 13, 2018 at 4:51 AM

Hi Hack,

Just tried the new forum by writing best wishes to Sean.

I must admit the layout of this forum is better than the new one, why:

You see a lot of the forum topics all on one page, therefore making it easy to access any topic on the one page.

If possible stick with this forum, but give the people doing the reCAPTCHA a deadline to get it fixed, if this is not possible, or can't be done, then the new forum is ok to me. I suppose one can get used to it.

Cheers

Thanks Philip, that sort of feedback is very useful.  You can see all the topics by clicking the Topics View at the top of the page, or we could set it up as one long list as we have done on this forum.

Another possibility is to use the forum on the .com site. The advantage of that is that members could use their usual .com sign in, so no new passwords to remember. I think it looks pretty good. Disadvantage of no forum post counts. When we trialled it some time back it got a lukewarm reception, but since then most members have joined .com so the password is no longer an issue.

Have another look at it and see what you think

.COM FORUM

June 13, 2018 at 6:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ron Historyo

WIX Forum works excellent.

The drawback, it does not count posts

I am not bothered about this. Yes it was a bit of fun , but in reality it's the quality of debate that counts.

What do people think.

--

HISTORYO

June 13, 2018 at 10:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

powerlock

The Riot Squad at June 13, 2018 at 6:39 AM

powerlock at June 12, 2018 at 6:57 PM

Thanks Powerlock. We'll have a look.
Sorry it's tapatalk
June 14, 2018 at 8:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hack
Yes I did find it. After checking out the tapas recipes.
--

June 14, 2018 at 10:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.