WRESTLING HERITAGE

British wrestling history 

has a name

Heritage

Forums

Forum Home > Talk Wrestling > Certain things some wrestlers did that stuck in your mind.

Romeo

Between rounds Kendo would try to to sneak down the rope until until the fans shouted to the babyface to 'look out'.Kept the fans on their toes throughout.Loved Jackie Pallo's cocky strut and the way he shook his head from side to side.Wonder if Bernard remembers 'The Ghoul's' sinister grin through that horrific mask?Your memories please.

--

Romeo

Lightweight Champion Belt

Wrestling Heritage Welterweight Belt Holder

Pallo Junior Award (10)

Middleweight Championship Belt (2)

Heavy-Middleweight Championship Belt

May 3, 2018 at 10:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bernard Hughes

Hi Romeo, yes I do remember that grin.

I also remember that whenever Dave Armstrong was thrown across the ring, he rolled and came up with his fists clenched, probably because he couldn't see where his opponent was, due to his very bad eyesight.

Both The Ghoul and Felix Kerschitz stepped back and protested to the referee.

So Les Kellett had to explain about the bad eyesight.

Of course they wouldn't know about this ,would they?

--

May 3, 2018 at 11:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bernard Hughes

Also Jack Pye always stood with his bottom out and what looked like padding in his tights.

Whenever he was thrown, he used to put his hands underneath him and give a little push.

This meant that he bounced higher and he howled.

Of course the crowd loved this.

--

May 3, 2018 at 12:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Romeo

Great stuff Bernard.Thanks for your reply.

--

Romeo

Lightweight Champion Belt

Wrestling Heritage Welterweight Belt Holder

Pallo Junior Award (10)

Middleweight Championship Belt (2)

Heavy-Middleweight Championship Belt

May 3, 2018 at 12:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

frank thomas
Steve Haggettys strut with one finger raised and look of sheer disdain for the crowd always amused me!
May 3, 2018 at 1:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Anglo Italian

Steve Viedor always used to summon audience support when he was coming back after being mistreated by a villain.  He would sway his arms around, look at the entire audience .. and then we knew he was on his way to victory.  His destiny was to be for ever the "good-looking boy":  but he fulfilled the role to perfection.

Steve Logan, when he lost, used to get straight out of the ring and head for the dressing room, even before the announcement.

--

Still trying to work out what was going on!

May 3, 2018 at 4:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

powerlock
Jimmy Breaks tantrums in the middle of the ring
May 3, 2018 at 5:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

david franklin

Mine is an odd one, and as the years go by I wonder did it really happen?
Ramon Napolitano was a top class and typical brash American villain, who visited here in the 1960's. He was always in excellent matches against our best "blue-eyes", usually topping the bill. He would always anger the crowd with his rule-breaking American style, but to their great joy he would usually lose in the end to our local hero.

However after the the match had finished he would always walk over and shake the other guy by the hand immediately before leaving the ring.
Isn't it strange the memories that stick with us? 

May 4, 2018 at 3:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sapper James

Blackjack Mulligan sitting on the top turnbuckle whilst awaiting the arrival of his opponent. I adopted this trait.

May 4, 2018 at 4:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

David Mantell

Romeo at May 3, 2018 at 10:08 AM

Between rounds Kendo would try to to sneak down the rope until until the fans shouted to the babyface to 'look out'.Kept the fans on their toes throughout.Loved Jackie Pallo's cocky strut and the way he shook his head from side to side.Wonder if Bernard remembers 'The Ghoul's' sinister grin through that horrific mask?Your memories please.

Kendo would generally do this if the blue-eye had done something to upset him.  When he was doing this, there would be a really vicious reptillian look in his eye which, if anything, the mask would enhance.

May 4, 2018 at 4:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

David Mantell

Danny Collins pretending to be injured when he wasn't and lulling opponents into a false sense of security.  The most famous example of this is the decider over Jorg Chenok for the Euro Wwt title, but he also does this to get the consolation fall in his 1983 TV debut loss to Jim Breaks.

May 4, 2018 at 4:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bernard Hughes

Les Kellett, when refereeing at Newcastle, knew that the top of the red ring post came off, so if a heavyweight threatened him after a disqualification,he would be up on the turnbuckle with the post top in his hand --just in case.

--

May 4, 2018 at 11:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

frank thomas
Brian Maxines annoying "sawing" move, what was the point?
May 5, 2018 at 8:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

frank
Big Daddy pretending to be a wrestler ...
May 6, 2018 at 4:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hack

frank at May 6, 2018 at 4:05 PM

Cruel.

Very funny.

But cruel.

--

British wrestling - great characters but the plot was always a bit of a mystery.

May 6, 2018 at 5:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

matey dave

frank at May 6, 2018 at 4:05 PM

ohhh you are naughty but i like it

--

blessed are the pacemakers

really do need my medication

more tea vicar and another jammy dodger

nurse, i need changing and my complan has gone cold

close friend of gladys the impaler

May 6, 2018 at 9:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Graham Bawden
Vic Faulkner looking up at the ring lights, to gain the advantage over an opponent. Always worked.
--

Graham Bawden. Wrestling Heritage Heavy - Middleweight Championship Belt Holder,  Wrestling Heritage Pallo Junior Award Holder, Wrestling Heritage D ` Orazio Award Holder.  Wrestling Heritage Starr Award Holder.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

May 7, 2018 at 4:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SaxonWolf

Johnny Czeslaw sweating! 

May 14, 2018 at 1:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

frank thomas

SaxonWolf at May 14, 2018 at 1:20 PM

Johnny Czeslaw sweating! 

Profusely, and saying "Schwein!" If the opponent cut up rough or he couldn't escape a move .
May 14, 2018 at 1:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jacko

Vic Faulkner playing dead.

May 14, 2018 at 3:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.