WRESTLING HERITAGE

British wrestling history 

has a name

Heritage

Forums

Forum Home > Talk Wrestling > Sticky: Forum Issues

The Riot Squad
Site Owner

Last year when we suggested a new forum there was a sudden outpouring of love for our clunky old forum which can be frustrating and annoying. 

See the Help! Section in Reference for more topics

--

British wrestling history has a name - HERITAGE

April 20, 2018 at 4:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

djmask

As you’ll be aware I’ve had the same problem. Refresh doesn’t seem to help but the issue only seems to happen when I start a new forum thread.

--

Wrestling Heritage MiddleWeight Belt Holder 2018

April 20, 2018 at 5:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hack
Thanks djmask. I'm not sure how widespread this is. It was reported by Blueboy just after Christmas. I experienced it before I went on holiday in January but not since. As members have to sign in to get on the forum I don't understand why anyone is asked for a captcha. The blank message is a pain but again intermittent. This morning I tried 17 test messages before it occurred. Other times it happens a lot.
--

British wrestling - great characters but the plot was always a bit of a mystery.

April 20, 2018 at 8:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

powerlock
Unable to post new subject as no password feed is present.
April 21, 2018 at 3:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hack

I don't understand that Powerlock. You must be signed in to have made the above post.

So what happens when you try and post a new subject.

Or sleep on it until tomorrow. These things often pass.

EDIT

So the problem only occurs when you try and post a new topic?

What if you're already signed in and try to open a new topic?

--

British wrestling - great characters but the plot was always a bit of a mystery.

April 21, 2018 at 4:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

powerlock
I get catchable shutdown tried refreshing but getting nothing
April 21, 2018 at 4:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mad Mac

I've been getting the "Captcha" when adding to an existing topic. First time I tried that today, I got a bizarre message that my posting had to be less that 20000 characters!

April 22, 2018 at 6:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

The Riot Squad
Site Owner

Mad Mac at April 22, 2018 at 6:12 PM

I've been getting the "Captcha" when adding to an existing topic. First time I tried that today, I got a bizarre message that my posting had to be less that 20000 characters!

The problems this forum raises never seems to amaze us. Most problems disappear after a day or two, others last for years.

Okay, if it's a persistent problem we will raise it with the web hsts. They always ask for certain information:

• The problem
  • A screenshot of the problem
  • What you did/clicked before the problem occurred.
  • What your screen displayed,
  • The browser you displayed,
Email us at the usual address.

Powelock has supplied this information and we will report it on Monday.
--

April 22, 2018 at 6:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

David Mantell

If "Your Message Is Blank" just go back a page or two to the form and it#'s generally still there for you to have another go.  After 2-3- goes, it goes through.

April 22, 2018 at 7:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hack

The Riot Squad at April 20, 2018 at 4:13 AM

Last year when we suggested a new forum there was a sudden outpouring of love for our clunky old forum which can be frustrating and annoying. 

Thanks for the reminder David. The blank message issue has been reported long ago but nothing seems to get done about it. What about the second problem, the CAPTCHA is shut down message? We will report this issue. Please help if you have seen this message. We know three members have and have received the relevant information from them. Anyone else experiencing this please tell us Does it occur when replying or opening a new post. Or either? Which browser do you use?
--

April 23, 2018 at 4:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

powerlock
Refreshing captcha hasn't worked for me
April 25, 2018 at 5:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

The Riot Squad
Site Owner

Sorry to report this Captcha business is still an issue. This is the latest report we have received:

Ryon

May 9, 19:27 EDT

Hello Hack and Anglo Italian,

Thanks for contacting Webs Support. My name is Ryon.

I am truly sorry for the issue you are experiencing. Our engineers noticed that member application posts, sign ins and signups were being affected by this error, and have started to look into the matter.

At this time, they are working to have this issue resolved as soon as possible.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.

Kindest Regards,

Ryon

--

May 11, 2018 at 2:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jacko

I added to a topic without problem. Tried starting a new topic and kept getting this shutdown message.

May 14, 2018 at 3:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jacko

Just added to another old topic.

May 14, 2018 at 3:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

The Riot Squad
Site Owner

We've just had to make five or six attempts to update the Out of Darkness thread. We kept getting the message too long message. So the problems are still there.

--

May 20, 2018 at 4:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ruslan Pashayev

It does work, I was able to make my posts today, but yeah I figured that messages should be shorter.

May 21, 2018 at 1:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Philip Kenyon

Hack at April 23, 2018 at 4:05 AM

The Riot Squad at April 20, 2018 at 4:13 AM

Thanks for the reminder David. The blank message issue has been reported long ago but nothing seems to get done about it. What about the second problem, the CAPTCHA is shut down message? We will report this issue. Please help if you have seen this message. We know three members have and have received the relevant information from them. Anyone else experiencing this please tell us Does it occur when replying or opening a new post. Or either? Which browser do you use?

Just to let you know, I was trying to put up a new topic in the forum today, but alas I always get the "Captcha is shutdown" message.

Cheers

--

Mike Agusta (Phil Kenyon)

Wrestling Heritage D'Orazio Award Holder

Wrestling Heritage Vic Award Holder

Wrestling Heritage Pallo Snr. Award Holder

Heavy Middleweight belt Holder

Heritage Starr Award Holder
May 21, 2018 at 2:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ruslan Pashayev

Cant edit my profile thanks

May 22, 2018 at 7:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Philip Kenyon

Just found the following on the Internet:

"Google is shutting down the reCAPTCHA v1 API on March 31, 2018. Google is urging developers who are still using this API to update their websites to the reCAPTCHA v2 API as soon as possible. Google announced the deprecation of the version 1.0 API back in May 2016. Since this version is going to be retired, any calls to the API will not work after the March 31, 2018 retire date."

As my problem is concerning V1, could this be the problem that is apparent at the moment?

Cheers 

--

Mike Agusta (Phil Kenyon)

Wrestling Heritage D'Orazio Award Holder

Wrestling Heritage Vic Award Holder

Wrestling Heritage Pallo Snr. Award Holder

Heavy Middleweight belt Holder

Heritage Starr Award Holder
May 23, 2018 at 12:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hack
This is the problem Philip. Touble is it needs to be sorted by our Web hosts. It's not something we can fix ourselves. It really is very frustrating. Not only is it preventing posts to the forum but it also prevents new members joining.
--

May 23, 2018 at 2:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.