WRESTLING HERITAGE

British wrestling history 

has a name

Heritage

Forums

Forum Home > Talk Wrestling > Alan Kilby

Bill Smith

Members.....Your thoughts on Alan.."Sheffields Deaf and Dumb Wrestler"

Alan always looked to be very fit,and gave 100% in all his matches.

I only saw him "live" once when he went down to "King Kendo" at Doncaster,

it was a Crabtree Promotion,Brian was the MC.

He has been seen at Reunoins looking fit and well,hope he remains so for a long time.

February 10, 2018 at 9:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Paul

I always thought he was good value too. He pops up on some of the facebook pages now and again, so seems he is still going strong. 

February 10, 2018 at 11:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sapper James

I remember Alan tagging with his son, Adam, against the Superflys (Ricky Knight and Jimmy Ocean) at Holbeach in 1992. They fell out for real and there was a huge row in the changing rooms after the bout.

February 10, 2018 at 11:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SaxonWolf

Alan was a genuine hard nut, worked night club doors in Sheffield

February 10, 2018 at 7:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

frank thomas
Alan always looked to be taking it seriously! Remember one wrestler telling me he was a "heavy" worker sometimes.
February 10, 2018 at 7:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Graham Bawden
I remember Alan Kilby well. One bout in particular where King Ben was Kilby's opponent. With Kilby winning the championship belt. Fantastic win for Alan Kilby, a great wrestler.
--

Graham Bawden. Wrestling Heritage Heavy - Middleweight Championship Belt Holder,  Wrestling Heritage Pallo Junior Award Holder, Wrestling Heritage D ` Orazio Award Holder.  Wrestling Heritage Starr Award Holder.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

February 11, 2018 at 4:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

John
I started watching wrestling in the summer of 1977 but did not hear anything about Alan Kilby until he appeared on a TV bout in April 1980 against Honey Boy Zimba and from then on he was a regular on TV. I nowadays have a copy of the 1971 'Who's Who of Wrestling' and Alan Kilby was listed in that, so he was a Joint Promotions wrestler in 1971. Does anyone know if Alan Kilby had left Joint Promotions in the 1970's to wrestle for independent promotions, to explain why he just suddenly re-appeared in 1980?
--

Heavy-Middleweight Championship Belt Holder

February 11, 2018 at 5:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Andy

Have often wondered how his opponents communicated with him during a bout? Saw Alan in some tasty bouts against the likes of Finlay and Skull Murphy. Always thought he really looked someone who could take care of himself.

February 14, 2018 at 10:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

rasit huseyin

Alan Kilby was a great wrestler.  Always gave value for many in clean bouts or against heels, particularly Fot Finlay or Skull Murphy.  I remember his tag team with is son as well, but Adam Kilby seemed to disappear from the scene as quickly as he arrived.

February 18, 2018 at 9:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mark Reynard
Great memories of Kilby
February 23, 2018 at 3:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOfficeHold

Andy at February 14, 2018 at 10:21 AM

Have often wondered how his opponents communicated with him during a bout? Saw Alan in some tasty bouts against the likes of Finlay and Skull Murphy. Always thought he really looked someone who could take care of himself.

Alan wasn't as deaf as TV had you believe

Incredibly strong guy though and often considered the strongest pound for pound british wrestler by the lads out the back

February 25, 2018 at 4:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Les Prest
Hi Bill: according to Dicky Swales and Jimmy Devlin, Alan Kilby wrestled for Don Robinson at Scarborough in the 60s, before my time of coarse. He attended the 2016 Blackpool reunion with his daughter who was able to sign for him so we could converse with him, also the new term for deaf and dumb now is 'profoundly deaf' ( we have to now be politically correct). regards Les.
--
February 28, 2018 at 3:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

paul mitchell

Alan was is deaf offensive to say he wasnt

February 28, 2018 at 6:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.