WRESTLING HERITAGE

British wrestling history 

has a name

Heritage

Forums

Forum Home > Talk Wrestling > Wrestlers A - Z

Philip Kenyon

When I go into Wrestlers A – Z, why is it that there are no pictures available in the categories H – L, M – R, S – Z, but in the categories A – G everything is OK i.e. with pictures?

Does everyone else have the same problem?

Cheers

--

Mike Agusta (Phil Kenyon)

Wrestling Heritage D'Orazio Award Holder

Wrestling Heritage Vic Award Holder

Wrestling Heritage Pallo Snr. Award Holder

Heavy Middleweight belt Holder

Heritage Starr Award Holder
February 9, 2018 at 5:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Anglo Italian

It's working fine for me, Phil.

Try updating or installing JAVA.

--

Still trying to work out what was going on!

February 9, 2018 at 7:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bernard Hughes

Hi Phil, Following your post, I checked my A-Z and I have no pictures on any of the sections.

--

February 9, 2018 at 10:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Anglo Italian

On some pages the photos are all grouped in a horizontal banner.  Is that what you mean?

For example, Roy St Clair is there with his four or five photos.

But Steve Logan remains for now as a line drawing alongside some other Ls.

--

Still trying to work out what was going on!

February 9, 2018 at 12:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hack
Another of wrestling's mysteries. There are photos provided on all the A to Z pages. The pages on which Philip can see photos are the old type A to Z pages. The missing images are on the new pages. You may recall we are having to replace the old pages because the Web hosts new editor makes them very difficult to edit. The odd thing is that the new image banner type is just one image irrespective of the number of photos and is just the same as any other image. So why the new images don't appear is a mystery. The problem is not universal, but we've no idea how widespread it is. Is it permanent or temporary? A couple of weeks ago Bernard commented he liked the newly designed pages. So could you see the photos then Bernard? It would be useful for readers to post if they can or cannot see the images and report When the problem was first noticed The browser being used Whether or not Java is being used Even if you don't have a problem a reply would be useful to assess the extent of the problem.
--

British wrestling - great characters but the plot was always a bit of a mystery.

February 9, 2018 at 3:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mad Mac

From a quick look in the 'A' section, all pictures are coming up ok (using Google Chrome as browser). As an aside, clicking "See all wrestlers in A" gives a "404" error from all pages I've tried it from.

February 9, 2018 at 4:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

John
I can see pictures in all sections of the A-Z. In the earlier letters of the alphabet the pictures are included in each wrestlers write-up. In the later letters of the alphabet, the pictures are often together in a row at the top of the section. I don't know if it is relevant but my PC is using Windows 10 and has an up-to-date Java.
--

Heavy-Middleweight Championship Belt Holder

February 9, 2018 at 4:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

John
In a slight correction to my earlier post, the pictures of the wrestlers are actually included in each wrestlers write-up far more than I thought, in the later letters of the alphabet, now that I have had time to look at a few more sections. They do appear together in a row at the top on some but less often than I had thought.
--

February 9, 2018 at 5:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bernard Hughes

Hi Hack, No I couldn't see any pictures, but I presumed that they had been deleted to make a tidier page with perhaps more room for more wrestlers.

--

February 9, 2018 at 5:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hack

John at February 9, 2018 at 5:06 PM

In a slight correction to my earlier post, the pictures of the wrestlers are actually included in each wrestlers write-up far more than I thought, in the later letters of the alphabet, now that I have had time to look at a few more sections. They do appear together in a row at the top on some but less often than I had thought.

On the pages with photos across the top please give an example of one page where they appear and one where they don't.
--

British wrestling - great characters but the plot was always a bit of a mystery.

February 9, 2018 at 11:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Philip Kenyon

Anglo Italian at February 9, 2018 at 7:34 AM

It's working fine for me, Phil.

Try updating or installing JAVA.

Hi Anglo

Just done another test, here the results:

Alphabet A – G: OK old style each wrestler has his own photo and or bill

H – L: photos shown horizontally usually 5 at a time, change page and other photos will come up.

M – R: Ditto

S – Z: S through to T old style all individual.

U - Z: New style shown horizontally.

Father Christmas gave me a new computer as a Christmas present, without Java! Just installed Java and did an update, with the results as above.

It would seem the problem is that we have a mix of old and new styles. I much prefer the old style, why? Go into Don Plummer’s write up. In the old style there were 2 Bills shown alongside his name (I think from Beancounter), in the new style only his name appears without the bills. Came across this because in conjunction with something else I wanted to see who promoted the shows.

Cheers

--

February 10, 2018 at 3:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hack
A very comprehensive reply. Thanks for taking the time Philip. So am I right in thinking that with Java installed all photos are viewable? I understand you prefer the old style and can see why. We had to change. With the old style pages every single paragraph has to be clicked on to and edited separately. Photos could only be deleted and new ones added to a new paragraph. Links could not be edited, only deleted and put in a new paragraph. All totally impractical. The only answer was to rebuild pages as quickly as we could. That means as simply as we could. One image one paragraph, with gaps to give an illusion of paragraphs. We are about half way through rebuilding the A to Z pages. When that is complete we will continue to improve them. So your mate Don might get a revival. Especially if you remind us nicely.
--

February 10, 2018 at 4:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Philip Kenyon

Hi Hack,

Thanks for the info. Understand now.

Cheers

--

February 10, 2018 at 4:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hack
OK. But can you see all t OK. But am I right in thinking you can see all the images now Philip?
--

February 10, 2018 at 4:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

John

Hack at February 9, 2018 at 11:45 PM

John at February 9, 2018 at 5:06 PM

On the pages with photos across the top please give an example of one page where they appear and one where they don't.
Hello Hack, on my PC, for the letters A to G the photos appear in each wrestlers write-up. For the letters H to Q the photos appear in a row at the top. For the letters R to T the photos appear in each wrestlers write-up, again. For the letters U to Z the photos appear in a row at the top, again. I hope that this helps you a bit.
--

February 10, 2018 at 5:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hack
That helps a lot and you are seeing what you should. As I said its a work in progress and eventually all pages will have the same design.
--

February 10, 2018 at 5:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Philip Kenyon

Hack at February 10, 2018 at 4:57 AM

OK. But can you see all t OK. But am I right in thinking you can see all the images now Philip?

Hi Hack,

Sorry for not being so clear. Yes I can see all the photos, either old style or new style.

Cheers

--

February 10, 2018 at 5:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hack
Sounds like Java is the issue then. Bernard, which browser do you use e.g. Chrome, Edge, Firefox?
--

February 10, 2018 at 5:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bernard Hughes

I use Chrome, Hack, I find this better for my photography and Photoshop.

--

February 10, 2018 at 6:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bernard Hughes

Hi Hack, I now have the photos in the same places as John described.Thank you.

--

February 10, 2018 at 3:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.