WRESTLING HERITAGE

British wrestling history 

has a name

Heritage

Forums

Forum Home > Talk Wrestling > ALIVE AND WELL ON FREESPORTS?

matey dave

AS WIKI SAYS ABOUT FREESPORTS AND 5 STAR WRESTLING

Star Wrestling is a professional wrestling company based in Scotland founded in 2015. 5* currently runs events through the United Kingdom, and appear on FreeView television for the FreeSports channel. The company originally created wrestling themed video games, before promoting professional wrestling events.

--

blessed are the pacemakers

really do need my medication

more tea vicar and another jammy dodger

nurse, i need changing and my complan has gone cold

close friend of gladys the impaler

February 8, 2018 at 3:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

powerlock
They had 600 in an 11000 seat arena last week. They were in Newcastle tonight but with cheapest tickets at around £30 I gave it a miss and went to a talk in with Rafa Benitez for half the price and we got a goody bag too. I will be surprised if they draw any more than that tonight
February 8, 2018 at 6:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

matey dave

basically the days when wrestling was a cash cow are coming to an end. noticed in program  many seats empty

--

February 10, 2018 at 10:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

powerlock
The metro radio arena seat just under 10500 people again there was approx 600 in the place. Some people have more money than sense. This promotion has to be haemorrhaging money big time. You have to wonder where the finance is coming from
February 10, 2018 at 2:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

matey dave

TV syndication. they seem to have some over hyped big named but UNKNOWN american wrestlers

if £30 per seat (cough splatter) plus mechandising £18k could be could

--

February 11, 2018 at 7:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

powerlock

matey dave at February 11, 2018 at 7:35 AM

TV syndication. they seem to have some over hyped big named but UNKNOWN american wrestlers

if £30 per seat (cough splatter) plus mechandising £18k could be could

Well Mysterious is still known from WWE but Van Dam hasn't done much for ages,WWE knocked him back because of issues with historic concussions plus he is not ring ready he looks unfit and slow. Morrison or whatever name he is using is reasonably competent and excelled in Lucha underground but all the name changes means he has to start again with the casual fan. £30 was the cheap seats. The top end were ridiculous. They should be working venues of around 1500 capacity maximum at the moment and decent camera angles can make the venue look fairly full. The promoter must be selling a kidney to pay for this. I wouldn't expect this to last long unless they start being more financially aware.
February 11, 2018 at 8:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

matey dave

the ring side commentators came accross as red coat rejects from one the nice mr dixon's butlin show.

wonder how much they paid the wrestler

in fact did any of those signed up for the world of sport/jeff jarrett fiasco ever get paid. shock horror, what am i implying

how much were the top end seats.

mistake the production made was that modern cameras have a good contrast range which unlike old cameras show empty seats in background

shall now settle down to a nice mug of gender fluid masala tea

--

February 11, 2018 at 10:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

matey dave

well 5 star certainly know how to charge, 

considering wrestling is a family event to take the kids these guys are tuck up artist

--

February 11, 2018 at 10:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

powerlock

matey dave at February 11, 2018 at 10:43 AM

well 5 star certainly know how to charge, 

considering wrestling is a family event to take the kids these guys are tuck up artist

So how many ringside tickets you ordered matey?
February 11, 2018 at 11:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

matey dave

if i need to watch, the view of freesport is cheaper and less of an effort. i wonder if we wll see GRADO. 

the shows seem to be about 3 hours

--

February 11, 2018 at 12:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

powerlock
It's too long, the British wrestlers are the support especially when they are booking yank versus yank as main event, there's promotions in this country producing a better product with predominantly UK wrestlers in prominent positions on the bill. The 5star show last year from the ice rink in Dundee was very poor so how they got picked up by another TV channel is beyond me. I would love to see British wrestling back on TV but I am afraid that this isn't it.
February 12, 2018 at 8:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

PETER

Unfortunately these TV shows with over emphasis on facile storylines never show present day Professional Wrestling at its best.I have seen most of these wrestlers live and this does not show them at their best

February 13, 2018 at 10:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

powerlock
It's a huge wasted opportunity Peter, it's a real shame but as my granny used to say it's all fur coat and no knickers
February 13, 2018 at 4:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

matey dave

powerlock at February 13, 2018 at 4:53 PM

It's a huge wasted opportunity Peter, it's a real shame but as my granny used to say it's all fur coat and no knickers

i seem to remember yelling that at billy stock once at wembley town hall

--

February 14, 2018 at 7:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

matey dave

recorded last thursday live show (cough) suddenly large as life there was grado. he looked fitter then last time spotted eatting a desperate dan cow pie with hack

the general production is very good by that i mean camerawork, lighting, post production but something is missing. just seems to be going by the numbers and not generating rating any excitment. at least there was no sign of brain's daughter screaming cheat all the time

--

February 18, 2018 at 7:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

powerlock

matey dave at February 18, 2018 at 7:24 AM

recorded last thursday live show (cough) suddenly large as life there was grado. he looked fitter then last time spotted eatting a desperate dan cow pie with hack

the general production is very good by that i mean camerawork, lighting, post production but something is missing. just seems to be going by the numbers and not generating rating any excitment. at least there was no sign of brain's daughter screaming cheat all the time

The week before it started they were on Facebook and Twitter asking for people with film and media and cameras. It's a surprise they got as far as a broadcast. The booking is weak I reckon the roster see it as a short term thing so nobody is killing themselves to get over. It can't continue the way it is. It's losing a fortune the more shows they run the more they are deeper into the hole. You have to wonder how deep their pockets are.
February 18, 2018 at 7:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

matey dave

is it really live or ..........

did not like idea of bird with the hair dyed red.

--

February 18, 2018 at 2:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

powerlock
Yes it's live, mores the pity, it's too long, some decent editing down to 90 minutes including ad breaks and smaller venues where some atmosphere could be generated might make it watchable
February 18, 2018 at 3:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

matey dave

at lest they have a slimmed down more flexible GRADO

--

February 18, 2018 at 8:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

powerlock
There's a rumour that the show has been pulled from the tv schedule and replaced by basketball. This week's show is due to be broadcast from Plymouth. Wonder if it's still happening
February 19, 2018 at 5:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.