WRESTLING HERITAGE

British wrestling history 

has a name

Heritage

Forums

Forum Home > Talk Wrestling > Never in a Daddy tag

Andy

So which big stars never featured in a Daddy tag match? We often saw the likes of Sid Cooper involved but was Jimmy Breaks in any? And Tally Ho Kaye?  How about Brian Maxine?  I believe neither Pat Roach or Adrian Street were ever involved. Am guessing that McManus and Logan must have been at least once. Both Breaks and Maxine were champions, so would they have refused to do it? Or am I just wrong? Just thought of another, Johnny Kincaid.

January 27, 2018 at 4:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

powerlock
How about Masambula. Les Kellet. Leon Arras
January 27, 2018 at 4:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

frank thomas
Adrian Street was reported to have said any wrestler who had any pride about himself, i.e. Refused to job, would never have faced Big Daddy, but in the 1970s I saw Pat Roach meet him (in his Shirley Crabtree days) in a singles match, and defeat him by two falls to one. And hardly anybody but Kendo Nagasaki was beating him around that time..
January 27, 2018 at 5:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

David Mantell

McManus and Logan did do one Big Daddy tag match, with Young David as the blue-eye in peril at the Royal Spa Centre in Leamington Spa on TV in 1979.

Breaks did something wierd - depsite being a hated heel, he was pictured shaking hands with Daddy and Tony St Clair for winning a trophy tournament.  Which would be like Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior being pictured congratulating the Nasty Boys for winning the WWF World Tag Team title at WM7 in 191

January 28, 2018 at 12:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mad Mac

I'm struggling to recall an occasion where Pete Roberts was in one.

January 28, 2018 at 3:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tom H

Isn't there a match on the world of sport dvd with Mcmanus and Logan against Nagasaki and George Gillette.

--

Lightweight belt holder

Welterweight belt holder.

January 28, 2018 at 5:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

David Mantell

Tom H at January 28, 2018 at 5:13 AM

Isn't there a match on the world of sport dvd with Mcmanus and Logan against Nagasaki and George Gillette.

Yes, but Big Daddy wasn't involved which is rather the point of this thread.

January 28, 2018 at 6:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

frank thomas

Mad Mac at January 28, 2018 at 3:31 AM

I'm struggling to recall an occasion where Pete Roberts was in one.

I can recall just the once Mad Mac, Pete partnered Tibor Szackacs at Liverpool stadium against Thundercloud & Whitecloud, think Pete was replacing Bill Howes.
January 28, 2018 at 9:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hack

Is it me?

What's the connection with "Never in a Daddy tag."

--

British wrestling - great characters but the plot was always a bit of a mystery.

January 28, 2018 at 3:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

powerlock

Hack at January 28, 2018 at 3:48 PM

Is it me?

It's wandered off thread
January 28, 2018 at 4:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mad Mac

Hack at January 28, 2018 at 3:48 PM

Is it me?

It's not just you, Sir. To clarify: I can't recall Pete Roberts ever being involved in a Daddy tag match.

January 28, 2018 at 5:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

frank thomas
Slightly off piste gents, courtesy of theakston Dark Mild!
January 28, 2018 at 5:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hack

frank thomas at January 28, 2018 at 5:31 PM

Well, at least it was a worthy cause. Keep on enjoying yourself Frank.

--

British wrestling - great characters but the plot was always a bit of a mystery.

January 28, 2018 at 6:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mad Mac

frank thomas at January 28, 2018 at 5:31 PM

Or on (the) piste. In any event, a worthy cause, Sir.

January 28, 2018 at 6:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

David Mantell

I think Frank and Tom are writing about tag matches in general rather than specifically ones involving Big Daddy

January 28, 2018 at 8:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

john 94

NAGASAKI an occassional tag partner of  DADDY - described by george gillette as an unholy alliance -

January 30, 2018 at 12:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

martin
Hi all. It's been a while since I contributed but I'm back now. (blame the age). I did see Jim Breaks in a tag against Big Daddy and Peter Collins. He stood in for Ian Muir and partnered Tony Walsh. No surprise there. This was at a sports centre near Leigh called Howe Bridge in 83/4. Can't think the promoters would've put Catweasle in a tag with him or Kevin Coneeley or Mr Kellett.
January 30, 2018 at 4:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

David Mantell

john 94 at January 30, 2018 at 12:50 PM

NAGASAKI an occassional tag partner of  DADDY - described by george gillette as an unholy alliance -

"Unholy Alliance" was Naggers and Steve Viedor in 1977.  Nagasaki and Daddy was really just your standard Naggers heel team, not unlike Kendo & Paul Neu in 1993.

January 30, 2018 at 8:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mad Mac

"Unholy Alliance" was also used for Bridges and Rocco.

January 30, 2018 at 11:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Paul

I think it has been mentioned elsewhere but the Iron Greek wanted nothing to do with Daddy as he felt it would ruin his legacy. Also I wonder if it is worth considering if former partners and opponents that tag with him when he had some credibility would have done so in his more pantomine days when the Daddy roadshow was in full swing. 

February 11, 2018 at 7:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.