WRESTLING HERITAGE

British wrestling history 

has a name

Heritage

Forums

Forum Home > Talk Wrestling > Site News

The Riot Squad
Site Owner

As you most likely know we've been working on re-structuring the webite for over a year since changes by our web hosts messed up (that's a technical term but we used another one at the time) all the pages, putting images and text out of alignment. Old pages could no longer be easily edited and the situation was made worse when we were told the site could not cope with the number of pages, which had reached a thousand.

That's why we started the new site, www.wrestlingheritage.com, and moved all the members pages across to it.

We hope you have now noticed a new menu bar, which is common to both the .co.uk and .com site. The Wrestlers A-Z (with sub menus to Shining Stars, Personality Parade and Top Wrestlers of the 1930s) and Forum tabs link to .co.uk pages and are open to everyone. All other tabs lead to .com pages and require .com membership. As most regulars are now members of both sites that shouldn't be a problem.

If you log in to both sites simultaeneously you can move freely between the two sites.

We have added a guide to the sites in the Reference section of www.wrestlingheritage.com.

Reaching this stage is a milestone for us and we feel we've turned a corner getting the site back to a presentable appearance. We've still got quite a bit to get on with. We've only rebuilt about half the A-Z pages, but the old ones have been tidied up, though the font is still small. We will work on rebuilding those pages, but it will take time as we want to continue developing other aspects of the site, and devoting a bit less time to our hobby. We are going to take a break. For more than ten years we have brought weekly updates. In February we will take a break and there will be no updates or newsletters. We will be back and raring to go in March.

We do hope we have removed the broken links. That's always an impossible dream as any changes we make results in unintended consequences.

It would really help us if you could email us if you come across any broken links or other problems.

--

British wrestling history has a name - HERITAGE

January 12, 2018 at 6:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jacko

I must make it my NY Reso to post here more often. I don't know much and some of you guys seem to know a lot but have enjoyed joining in so far.  It was a surprise when I looked in today to find everything looking different. I've spent the morning hopping around, and when signed in to both sites together it seemed  easy to move from one to the other.

It makes a change to come across an intelligent website run by intelligent people.

January 13, 2018 at 10:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hack

Thanks Jacko.

New Years Resolutions are not just for January (unless they include eating or drinking).

--

British wrestling - great characters but the plot was always a bit of a mystery.

January 14, 2018 at 7:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bill Smith

Enjoy your holiday Riots, thank you for your time and efforts,you have done a marvellous job so far,long may you continue

January 14, 2018 at 7:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.