WRESTLING HERITAGE

British wrestling history 

has a name

Heritage

Forums

Forum Home > Talk Wrestling > The Borg Twins

Bill Smith

They were tremendous as a tag team,small fast and agile,Julius and Ignatious.

What happened to them? Does anybody know.

January 8, 2018 at 8:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ron Historyo

As far as I know they Jumped ship to Brian Dixon but how long they lasted I don't know.

--

HISTORYO

Time Detective and Multi Heritage Award Winner

January 8, 2018 at 2:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

frank thomas
Remember iggy borg retiring not long after jumping ship to what was then "wrestling enterprises" run by Brian dixon, had a conversation with Tony as to what happened he told me it was "business reasons" Tony carried on in singles matches for a time, then faded away.. Saw him in a tag match oddly with Les Kellett in North wakes..
January 8, 2018 at 3:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

The 1978 Kid
Tony had a great later career for Brian Dixon's Wrestling Enterprises including middleweight title opportunities on several occasions at Liverpool Stadium. With his Maltese heritage he gave an authentic international element to contests for the commonwealth and world titles. Every time I visit Malta (usually twice a year) I am amazed at the number of people named Borg who live there
January 14, 2018 at 1:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hack

But have any of them heard of the Borg twins 1978 Kid?

It's good to see you back here. I was on the verge of telling the story of the Methodist minister who had his botttle of whisky confiscated at the railway station. Keep posting or I might.

--

British wrestling - great characters but the plot was always a bit of a mystery.

January 14, 2018 at 3:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

The 1978 Kid

That whisky story is censored for professional reasons!!

I have never dared to ask the Maltese if they remember their greatest sporting heroes. They are more interested in football and horse trotting races. 

January 15, 2018 at 4:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hack

I think it was Adrian Street (might be wrong) who said he went to Malta with the Borg twins and found they weren't quite household names. I suppose there wasn't much potential for professional wrestlers on Malta.

--

British wrestling - great characters but the plot was always a bit of a mystery.

January 15, 2018 at 4:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.