WRESTLING HERITAGE

British wrestling history 

has a name

Heritage

Forums

Forum Home > Talk Wrestling > Kevin Conneely

Bill Smith

Does anyone know what happened to him.He was on TV regularly,Kent seemed to like him.His X marks the spot routine did nothing for me although he seemed to be a decent wrestler,then he was off the TV.Last I saw of him was on an independant where he was "wrongly " billed as "The Great Connolly".

January 7, 2018 at 7:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

frank thomas
Kevin sadly passed away in I think 2005 while on holiday in thailand, great feller, ran a general store close to where I lived in liverpool. Naturally funny guy, much underrated wrestler and also worked for a time as a doorman at Liverpool's famous cavern club..
January 8, 2018 at 5:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hack
Thank you Frank.
--

British wrestling - great characters but the plot was always a bit of a mystery.

January 10, 2018 at 2:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

frank thomas

Hack at January 10, 2018 at 2:22 AM

Thank you Frank.

Welcome hack, Kevin was a great guy, always time for a word. He eventually went over to the indeoendents, and did a little bit of promoting himself, on the ship\nightclub that was based at mostyn dock in North wales. Last time I saw and spoke with him he was working a storeman with a commercial vehicle supplier in cheshire..
January 10, 2018 at 12:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

frank thomas
Just researched, the ship at mostyn dock where Kevin promoted was called the ss lancaster, converted to a restaurant and night club..
January 10, 2018 at 12:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Graham Bawden
Kevin was a natural crowd pleaser, and a true comic in the ring.
--

Graham Bawden. Wrestling Heritage Heavy - Middleweight Championship Belt Holder,  Wrestling Heritage Pallo Junior Award Holder, Wrestling Heritage D ` Orazio Award Holder.  Wrestling Heritage Starr Award Holder.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

January 12, 2018 at 2:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hack

First time I saw Kevin was against a masked fella called Mitzuko Chango on a bill promoted by Fred Woolley and Danny Flynn. Fortunately Kevin had a better future than teh masked man, who I didn't see again.

--

British wrestling - great characters but the plot was always a bit of a mystery.

January 14, 2018 at 7:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

frank thomas
First time I saw Kevin live was against the great Johnny Saint, and Kevin won! Rumoured that he and Les Kellett were going to form a tag team, but it never happened!
January 14, 2018 at 7:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

david franklin

One slight difference between Kevin and most other "comedy wrestlers" was that a lot of his "act" involved  his verbal "Irish comedy routine". He was best enjoyed from ringside where you could hear and thus appreciate the endless chat that went on..

January 15, 2018 at 3:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

beancounter

He used to bless you, like a priest!

January 15, 2018 at 8:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hack
I was way back David. That must be why I didn't find him funny.
--

January 17, 2018 at 10:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

maskedmummy
He did tag with Kellett
April 24, 2018 at 7:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.