WRESTLING HERITAGE

A hobby site created by enthusiasts of 
British wrestling celebrating wrestling and 
wrestlers from 1930 onwards through 
fifty glorious years of British wrestling history

Forums

Forum Home > Talk Wrestling > Al Miquet

Hack

Here's a name we all know, but during more than ten years of forum activity I don't recall him being given too much attention. I remember him as a fast and skilful lightweight, up there alongside Cortez, Breaks, Boscik and the rest. Then he had that serious car crash which put him out of action for a few months in 1970. He didn't seem quite as good when I saw him on his return, but may have got back to previous form later on. I was excited when I saw the Jet Set v Royals match advertised in Preston, not knowing in those days that the match was taking place all over the place. It was still a great match though.

--

British wrestling - great characters but the plot was always a bit of a mystery.

November 6, 2017 at 6:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ballymoss

He was I believe the son of "Gorilla" Don Mendoza, and at his peak was equal to any light weight in the country. As you rightly say Hack after his serious car crash, he rather lost his edge, and perhaps, his enthusiasm for wrestling.

--
November 7, 2017 at 3:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

PETER

He only had a handfull of TV appearances after 1970 but it would be great if at least one of them found its way on to You Tube

November 7, 2017 at 1:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ron Historyo

Wonder how often he tagged with Colin Joynson

--

HISTORYO

Time Detective and Multi Heritage Award Winner

November 10, 2017 at 2:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

djmask

I saw him wrestle in Inverness in the mid-1970’s. He was a very nice man who had time for the fans. He was on the same card as Kung Fu but they did not wrestle each other. My Mother noticed their were great similarities between the 2 wrestlers ;).

--

Wrestling Heritage Welterweight Belt Holder

November 12, 2017 at 11:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hack

Your mum might have been on to something.

--

British wrestling - great characters but the plot was always a bit of a mystery.

November 12, 2017 at 1:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.