British wrestling celebrating wrestling and 
wrestlers from 1930 onwards through 
fifty glorious years of British wrestling history

Forums

Forum Home > Talk Wrestling > Maria Rivoldi

The Riot Squad
Site Owner

Katia writes:

My mum was a wrestler in late 60''s and early 70's! I believe her ring name was Maria Rivoldi, she worked for a Cyril Knowles. Can anyone throw any light on her career?

--

www.wrestlingheritage.co.uk

November 5, 2017 at 3:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hack

I know the name but don't remember her. Presumably 1970s?

--

British wrestling - great characters but the plot was always a bit of a mystery.

November 12, 2017 at 4:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

I Pringle heavy middleweight champion

Hi Katia,

I do not know this for certain so please do not take this for gospel,but cam from a reliable source. I was told Maria Rivoldi was partner to Cyril Knowles and worked as a nurse in Leeds or Bradford area. Sorry can not help any more.

Kind regards Ian Pringle.

--

November 12, 2017 at 6:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

james morton

Katia

I think that if you put your mother's name and wrestler on Google you should find quite a bit about her. I think she was billed as the 'Archvillainess of the North'. She seems to have been n with Sue Britton regulalry. There's certainly a pic of her in an armlock which might amuse you. Didn't she work for Jack Taylor?  I hope this helps. 

November 12, 2017 at 11:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

james morton

Katia

I think that if you put your mother's name and wrestler on Google you should find quite a bit about her. I think she was billed as the 'Archvillainess of the North'. She seems to have been n with Sue Britton regulalry. There's certainly a pic of her in an armlock which might amuse you. Didn't she work for Jack Taylor?  I hope this helps. 

November 12, 2017 at 11:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.